REQUIREMENTS FOR TOURIST OR VISIT VISA
People of the nationalities included in GROUP I, whose purpose is to visit Bolivia for tourism: DO NOT REQUIRE VISA. However, upon entering Bolivia it is mandatory to have:
- Passport valid for up to six (6) months after arrival;
- Certificate of vaccination against yellow fever and / or other health certificate, if you visit high-risk municipalities;
- Travel itinerary or round trip ticket or reservation
People of the nationalities included in GROUP II AND GROUP III, whose purpose is to visit Bolivia for tourism: REQUIRE VISA. You must apply for a TOURIST OR VISIT VISA.
The Tourist or Visit Visa is valid for thirty (30) calendar days, extendable to the Bolivian General Directorate of Migration for two (2) similar periods. The total stay in Bolivia for tourists is ninety (90) calendar days per year, these can be continuous or discontinuous.
a) Passport valid for up to six (6) months after arrival;
b) Certificate of vaccination against yellow fever and / or other health certificate, if you visit high-risk municipalities;
c) One (1) recent colour 3cm x 3cm passport type photograph, with white background;
d) Travel itinerary or round trip ticket;
e) Booking accommodation or letter of invitation from someone with legal domicile in Bolivia;
f) Financial solvency accredited by current bank statements or other documentation.
g) Sworn Statement for Visa Application (to be filled, once the previous requirements have been met)
h) Proof of payment of the visa fee (once the visa application is accepted), except those granted under agreements or state agreements.
- Once the above requirements have been met, the applicant must complete the Sworn Statement for Visa Application form directly from the website, enclosing all the required documentation.
- Once completed the visa application form, the applicant must print it, sign it and send it, together with his/her passport and with all the documentation requested from the requirements here, via regular postal service, through a delivery service or brought in person during the opening days and hours to the public to: (applications will NOT be accepted by E – mail)
EMBASSY OF BOLIVIA
Stjärnvägen 2A, 7tr. 181 50 Lidingö, Stockholm
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED
- In the case the visa application is accepted, the applicant must pay the corresponding visa fee, (with the exception of those granted under agreements or state agreements), and send the proof of payment (original payment receipt from the bank) to the Embassy by email or regular post for its verification (photographs and print screen of the receipt are not accepted).
The applicant is advised to follow up the visa application process via phone or email.
3.- COST AND TIME
- Once communicated the visa fee, this must be paid to the following bank: SWEDBANK – Account No. 83279236044749. Please do not forget to write the applicant´s last name + VI in the reference field.
- Once the visa application is accepted on the basic of the documentation submitted by the applicant, including the proof of payment of the visa fee, the visa issuance process takes normally 7 workings days.
IMPORTANT: The Consular Section is not responsible for the delivery and return of documents. For the collection of the visa/passport and the original documents, the interested party must: enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with appropriate postage and size of envelope for the delivery of the documents; arrange a pick-up with a courier company; or personally pick-up the documents from this Embassy during the opening days and hours to the public.