REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENT VISAS
A student visa is granted for sixty (60) days to foreign citizens traveling to Bolivia in order to CONTINIE STUDIES at secondary, university or other at academic level. The Visa granted in the Consular Section allows the applicant to apply for a temporary residence in Bolivia for up to three (3) years, extendable for similar periods, to the Bolivian General Directorate of Migration.
In the case of exchange student visa with or without a state agreement, the visa is granted for one hundred and eighty (180) days and allows the applicant to apply for a temporary residence in Bolivia for a similar period, to the Bolivian General Directorate of Migration.
a) A letter of application addressed to the Consular Section of the Embassy, containing contact information of the applicant, the purpose of the trip, means of livelihood while in Bolivia, date of travel (departure to and return from Bolivia).
b) Passport valid for up to six (6) months after arrival;
c) Certificate of vaccination against yellow fever and / or other health certificate, if you visit high-risk municipalities;
d) One (1) recent colour 3cm x 3cm passport type photograph, with white background;
e) Document certifying the latest academic transcript from school, college or university in the country where the person studied, legalized by the corresponding consular office;
f) Original letter of acceptance or certified copy issued by the institution of higher education. Applicable for a student visa with state or private agreement or convention;
g) Certified copy of the agreement or interagency agreement, if applicable, where the type of student exchange is established. Applicable for a student visa with private agreement or convention;
h) Police record to present to foreign authorities, issued by competent authority in the country of origin or last residence, according to current regulations;
i) Sworn Statement for Visa Application (to be filled once the previous requirements have been met).
j) Proof of payment of the visa fee (once the visa application is accepted), except those granted under agreements or state agreements.
- Once the above requirements have been met, the applicant must complete the Sworn Statement for Visa Application form directly from the website, enclosing all the required documentation.
Click here for Sworn Statement for Visa Application
- Once completed the visa application form, the applicant must print it, sign it and send it, together with his/her passport and with all the documentation requested from the requirements here, via regular postal service, through a delivery service or brought in person during the opening days and hours to the public to: (applications will NOT be accepted by E – mail)
EMBASSY OF BOLIVIA
Stjärnvägen 2A, 7tr. 181 50 Lidingö, Stockholm
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED
- In the case the visa application is accepted, the applicant must pay the corresponding visa fee, (with the exception of those granted under agreements or state agreements), and send the proof of payment (original payment receipt from the bank) to the Embassy by email or regular post for its verification (photographs and print screen of the receipt are not accepted).
The applicant is advised to follow up the visa application process via phone or email.
3.- COST AND TIME
- Once communicated the visa fee, this must be paid to the following bank: SWEDBANK – Account No. 83279236044749. Please do not forget to write the applicant´s last name + V4 in the reference field. For payments from Finland or Estonia, please contact us to provide you the international bank details.
- Once the visa application is accepted on the basic of the documentation submitted by the applicant, including the proof of payment of the visa fee, the visa issuance process takes normally 7 workings days.
IMPORTANT: The Consular Section is not responsible for the delivery and return of documents. For the collection of the visa/passport and the original documents, the interested party must: enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with appropriate postage and size of envelope for the delivery of the documents; arrange a pick-up with a courier company; or personally pick-up the documents from this Embassy during the opening days and hours to the public.